There are things that I don’t tell my Mum.
There are things that I don’t tell my Mum.
Like those white boys are cute
And I let them touch my hands
A little bit more if I demand.
Like midnight air fills with marijuana
Long island tea and margarita
How I passed out
On a stranger’s sofa.
Like how America is like an oversize hamburger
I am the wrapper
Naked and translucent
Stretching and spreading my limbs
To embrace and consume
That $5.99 of worth.
There are things that I don’t tell my Mum.
Like going to therapy
Talk to some stranger about dying
About crying and screaming
Like I wish I were never born
Or wish she were never born either.
There are things that I don’t tell my Mum.
Things that I want to tell but I don’t
Like I love her
Like I hate her.
There are things that I don’t tell my Mum.
Even on the phone
I just don’t.
my Dairy
love is a battlefield

<< Home